Easy to use, high quality, egg incubators. All your students can watch eggs hatch…every time. Before you undertake hatching eggs in your classroom, Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom Foundation strongly recommends you educate yourself on the requirements for successfully hatching eggs and caring for chicks. PLEASE READ Checking Out Incubators, through to the agreement below, before reserving your incubator.
- Incubator Handbook
- Utah Agriculture in the Classroom
- Inside the Egg: Hatching Chickens
- University of Minnesota Extension
Shipping to you is free but you are responsible for return shipping. Shipping costs can range from $13-$22.
Checking Out Incubators
- Incubators are checked out on a first come, first serve basis. It is highly recommended you reserve your incubators well in advance.
- We highly encourage at least 12 students will be involved in the incubation process. If you have questions on whether or not you qualify, please call the office at 541-737-1318.
- Incubators can be checked out for five weeks. This check out time frame is intended for chicken eggs; if you plan on hatching a different species, please let us know so we can adjust the time accordingly. Be sure to have ordered eggs ahead of time. Also the incubators need 24 hours of lead running time, before the eggs can be placed in them.
- AITC does not supply eggs for incubation. Fertile eggs may be purchased from farm supply stores or online.
- Cleaning Cost: A fee of $25 will be charged if the unit is returned dirty. AITC expects the unit to be returned as clean as it was shipped to you.
- Late Fee: A fee of $25 will be charged if the unit is not returned on time. These units are in high demand and AITC has limited resources to meet requests. Therefore, cooperation in returning materials in a timely manner is extremely important.
- In the comment section at checkout, please indicate 2-3 dates that you would like to receive the incubator. A staff member will check your requested dates with incubator availability and email you to you confirming your order.
Please be sure the following items are in the box upon return. If something is damaged or missing you will be charged for the item or part as indicated.
• Incubator: $199.99
• Egg Insert: $19.99
• Plug Top and Transformer: $19.99
• Water Pot Guard: $4.99
• Instruction Manual: $1.50
• If the incubator is not returned thoroughly clean, a $25 fee will be charged
By checking out this item, I agree that I understand all outlined procedures, as well as terms and conditions, for checking out, using, and returning incubators. I accept full responsibility for conditions under which chickens are kept, and promise to treat them humanely, give them adequate food, water, heating, and space, and find appropriate care for the chickens after they have been hatched and the classroom lesson is over.
Total Available: 20 (of 22)