Oregon Agriculture in the Classroom (Oregon AITC) Lending Library Terms and Conditions
Oregon educators may borrow up to 30 items for a three-week loan period. Items may be renewed for another two loan periods of three weeks each, provided that the items have not been requested by another user.
It is the borrower’s responsibility to ensure that items are returned to Oregon AITC on time; overdue fines will be charged on late returns or renewals (see “Renewals and fines” below).
Persistent failure to adhere to the borrowing policy will result in the permanent withdrawal of borrowing privileges.
Renewals and Fines
- Borrowers are responsible for costs associated with return shipping or delivery to an Oregon AITC office. This only applies to items that need returned.
- Borrowed items must be returned or renewed by 5:00 pm on the due date.
- Renewals may be made in person, by telephone and by email.
- Fines must be paid before further books are borrowed or existing loans renewed
- Items lost or damaged while on loan will be charged to the borrower at the full replacement cost, together with delivery charges where applicable
- Items not renewed (if applicable) or returned to Oregon AITC after 3 reminder notices have been issued (without an explanation from the borrower) will be deemed to have been lost by the borrower and will be charged as above.